Sunday, May 18, 2008

Belle Ave

Hey, sorry I haven't posted in about a week or so, like I said I needed a few days to put my head back on right and get everything good for me, or atleast as good as I can get it. I quit my job at John C Nordt, so I no longer make rings. I have a new job, which unless something major happens in the next 48 hours, I will start it Thursday. I am really excited about it, and I know it is the kind of job that will change everything in my life for the better. On Friday night, a bunch of people came out with me to celebrate me getting out of Nordt and having a new job. I think only because of what my new job will be is why everyone came out, if it was anything else, they would of just gone home. All in all about 12 people came out including my supervisor and one of the other managers who I've gotten to know pretty well over the last year. It was really nice to get together with everyone from work, not to mention one of my Marine Corps buddies decided to show up and suprise the hell out of me when he came into town.

In a sadder note, there was a Police Officer here in Roanoke City who was beaten, and who is now paralyzed. Officer Bryan Lawrence was someone I knew from the off duty work he did at Nordt. He is a very straight to the point man, and also someone who is strong in his faith, and has also showed me the importance of faith again. His son just bought a house about two weeks ago and was about to be married here in the fall. For something like this to happen to a good guy like Officer Lawrence really blows my mind. He was less then a year away from being able to retire from the Police Department, but was unable to because of the money he was able to provide his family by being an officer and protecting the people around him. I have been praying for him since I found out that it was him, and I still pray to God that somehow he will be able to make a full recovery from this.

Somethings happened this week involving the ex and I, they are pointless to talk about, so I won't. But I am not happy at all. Well anyway, I need to get outta here, I am about to fall asleep infront of the computer and I need to be at my physical tomorrow morning at 10am, so I need some sleep before they start poking me again. Goodnight.

M

"We have always foung the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English." ~ Sir Winston Churchill

No comments: