Sunday, June 1, 2008

Funny, isnt it?

Its a wonder how sometimes in life you can feel like you are at the top of the world, and sometimes even the smallest thing will drag you down. Two weeks ago I was at the top of the world. I had just quit my job at John C. Nordt and was about to start the Police Academy and after one day, an injury, something I thought was behind me came back to bite me in the ass.

I think about it as this, in my life there have been times where I have thought I was moving ahead in things, but in reality everything around me was moving backwards. I really wanted to be a police officer, I have my own personal motivations, but its something I can do to benefit others while at the same time giving me something to be proud of.

The other thing that happened since my last blog post was Festival in the Park. I loved doing it this year, and I think for this having been only my first year on the Board that things went really well. I will be posting some pictures as soon as I get a chance. Tomorrow is my birthday and I of course will be working, but its no big deal I hope to get lunch with a few people before I go into work so things should be just fine. I mean, I'm 22 so its really nothing worth celebrating. Anyway I'm done for right now, I'm working til 4am so I'm sure I will post again soon. Oh, anyone wanna take a bet that my ex will call me around 8 or 9 tonight just before she goes to bed to wish me a happy birthday. She calls me at that time so she can use the "I have to get up early" excuse since she's about to be in bed. Any takers lemme know? Later.

M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...are you still going to do the Police Academy, or has the injury made it impossible?

Happy Birthday! Hope it's a good one, even if you don't think it's worth much. ;-)

Ozpreymec said...

I don't think I can do it anymore. I'm lookin at another surgery possibly.